To the friends and family of Doug Cloward

Saturday, April 26, Doug was admitted to the hospital for a severe case of pneumonia. Later he was diagnosed with mantel cell lymphoma leukemia.

We have been receiving many emails and phone calls expressing love and prayers in behalf of Doug. We have set up this blog for updates on Doug's progress. Thank you all for your overwhelming support and care!

Sunday, April 27, 2008

To all Heritage Makers

Dear Heritage Makers Family,

On Thursday, April 24th, what started out as what we thought was a severe stomach flu, progressed to a most difficult situation. After, three days with difficulty breathing and sleeping, I became aware that there was something more to my illness. When I tried to present about ScanParty and Compensation at the Provo Regional, I was not able to stand, and I requested that Brytt complete my presentations.

Marshyl returned me back to the condo and Judy called my physician, who thought that I may have pneumonia and told me to check into the hospital. We checked in at 4 pm Saturday. By 2:00 am the following morning, the blood work and CAT scans indicated that I have a high probability of CLL (Chronic Lymphoma Leukemia). The scans also revealed vastly swollen spleen ("5x its normal size, the size of Texas"), liver and lymph nodes. The pneumonia in the right lung had also migrated to a septic blood condition because there were not enough good white blood cells to kill the infection.

I just wanted to give you the facts as they are. The good news is that they are trying to kill the pneumonia and bad blood. Once that is in check, they should be able to start Chemo.

I appreciate all of your faith and prayers and I feel the strength of your love and your care. Please do not send flowers as I can't have them in my current hospital room. However, storycards would be nice...lots of storycards. As would an extraordinary month in sponsoring and sales : ) .

Next time I get the pleasure of visiting each of you, I will probably be without my beard and perhaps a shiny head for a short time. But who knows, that might be an improvement.

Again, thanks for all you do in sharing and keeping my vision of Heritage Makers alive. I have been reminded how precious the moments are and how important it is to preserve and share them.

Love to you all,
Doug


PS. I and the rest of you who will be joining me for Dream Team will look forward to Judy’s great cooking. Hospital food sucks.

8 comments:

Kathy Grove said...

Doug! Apparently, your work is with the hospital staff! I invision that they will all have visions of heritage by the time you are done with them ;).

Our prayers are with you and your family, daily. We're in this with you!
Love,
Kathy Grove and Family

Anonymous said...

Doug and Family,
We are happy to hear that things are starting to improve! You are in our thoughts and prayers! With your faith and determination, we are sure that you will have a speedy recovery!

Love,
Lisa Farina and Family

kellym said...

Doug and Family,
You are in my family's thoughts and prayers! You are such an inspiration to so many people and we hope that you are feeling well soon. When you are up to it, I will be sure to send along some good ol' Buffalo wings and pizza. That can make anyone feel better! Get well!

Love,
Kelly Murphy and Family

Christie Gardiner said...

Doug and Family,

I so hope that your condition improves rapidly. God Bless.

Christie Gardiner

Unknown said...

Hi Doug, All of your Jarvis and Stock cousins send their love, prayers, and best wishes as you rise to another challenge. We all have enough faith to make this a small one. Many of us will be gathering at uncle Ike and aunt Doris'in Oklahoma on the 10th of may. We know you would have enjoyed being with us for this little reunion.
Burdell Moody

Anonymous said...

Doug,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family at this time. Your strength and faith will be a solid foundation through this experience in your life. Your humor will help ease things and I think you will look great bald.

If you feel like reading and may be looking for something good...I would recommend "One More Strain of Praise," by Neal A. Maxwell. I know you will love it.

May God help you see miracles at this time as your family and friends stand by your side to help you along.

Love always, your friend,
Natalie Unga

Channon said...

Doug, you are in our prayers. My daughter has always asked me who you are when she sees pictures of you. I always tell her that you are her Grandpa Heritae Makers. So now she is praying for her Grandpa Heritage Maker to feel better. She can't wait to meet you.

Thank you for the support you show us out here on the East Coast. You have been out here quite a bit, even when you weren't feeling well. Thank you for making us a part of your family!

Love you! Channon Zabel and family

Unknown said...

Dear Doug, Judy, and Family,

Words cannot express the depth of our thoughts for you and your family at this time. Since we learned of your hospitalization we have not ceased praying for your recovery. Reading the updates have been comforting as we long to see you back on your feet again soon.

Please know we care deeply for you all and will continue to hold you up in prayer for healing.

I will call in a little while after you have had some time to rest and regain some of your strength.

All our love,
Randeleigh, Walt and family